- Now with over 100 questions and answers for practice.
Let us help you ace your upcoming Personal Banker interview at Bank of America
Congratulations on starting the journey towards a new job at Bank of America. Whether you are starting your new career, changing your career, moving in your current company or just looking for something new, CONGRATULATIONS.
GREAT JOB ON GETTING TO THIS FIRST IMPORTANT STEP
The Bad News
The entire interview process can get stressful. From phone interviews, to on site interviews, to avoiding nervousness be becoming confident, to learning about the company, to wearing the right clothes etc. etc. etc. - there is a lot going on.
THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF INTERVIEWING CAN BE OVERWHELMING
The Bigger Problem
Lack of confidence before an interview - The # 1 reason why people fail at an interview.
Coursetake’s 8 x 3 Step Interview Preparation Plan to Ace Your Upcoming Personal Banker Interview at Bank of America
To ace your Personal Banker interview at Bank of America, we propose an 8 x 3 Interview mastery plan that consists of 8 core steps and 3 acceleration steps.
- The 8 Core Steps – Follow one step at a time.
- Step 1 – Figure out the interview process at Bank of America.
- Step 2 – Study the Banks and Credit Unions industry.
- Step 3 – Study the company Bank of America in detail.
- Step 4 – Study the Job Description for Personal Banker at Bank of America.
- Step 5 – Study the Main Question Types.
- Step 6 – Practice, Practice, Practice.
- Step 7 – Ask the Right Questions.
- Step 8 – Get Ready for Interview Day.
- The 3 Acceleration Steps – Follow throughout the process.
- Get Motivated
- Get Organized
- Stay Consistent
We’ve done the work for you
- We’ve already researched the interview process for a Personal Banker at Bank of America.
- We’ve already researched the Banks and Credit Unions industry.
- We’ve already researched Bank of America.
- We know exactly how to study the job description.
- We know exactly how to answer every question asked the Personal Banker interview at Bank of America.
- We will tell you exactly how you should practice.
- We know exactly what questions you should ask.
- We know exactly what you need to do on interview day.
- We know exactly how you should work on your confidence and avoid any nervousness during your interview.
- We know exactly how you should be organized.
- We know exactly how you should stay consistent.
Bank of America’s Personal Banker Interview Preparation Book
This class is purely about preparing for an upcoming Personal Banker Job Interview with Bank of America.
My aim is to take you through a systematic process one step at a time to help you ace this upcoming interview.
Whether it’s on the phone, in person, or through video.
Whether it’s your group interview or individual interview.
Our approach will be to first teach you a chapter and then give you homework for you to complete.
This class consists of worksheets along with the book, that you can download and use.
I’ve seen that the most successful candidates are the ones who NOT ONLY follow the lessons, but do the homework at the end of it all.
THIS COURSE WILL BE COMBINE THEORY AND PRACTICE TO HELP YOU SUCCEED.
Our Mission is to help students ace their upcoming interview.
We do that through job title and company specific interview training. Over 500,000 students helped in over 100 countries. Learn more at www.coursetake.com
We are all hiring managers. We will give you the hiring manager’s perspective. The person who is going to write you a paycheck. Not recruiters or human resources.
Learn more at www.coursetake.com
What will you get as part of this book?
- 230+ pages book.
- 24/7 email support whenever you want it.
- Tons of Frameworks and over 100 Questions and Answers for Practice
Sample Questions and Answers Covered as Part of this Course
1. What is a typical sales call according to you?
2. What do you think some of the most important parts of selling are?
3. What would you do to improve your presentation to clients?
4. How do you close a sale?
5. How do you go about building a relationship with a customer?
6. This is a tough territory. The last two guys here didn't make it. How will you be different?
7. How would you sell when you currently have no list of customers to contact?
8. How did you build your clientele at your previous job? Who do you consider a client?
9. Sell me this pen.
10. Would you be comfortable reaching out to customers and selling to them?
12. How would you convince your customer to upgrade his or her service or product?
13. How would you overcome the objection that our products are too expensive?
14. Paper Company A sells 8x8 White Standard Copy for $9, Paper Company B sells the same product for $5. Why in the world would someone pay Paper Company a $9 for a product they could get for $5?
16. How would you sell in a tough economy?
17. What would you do if you had to deal with an upset customer?
19. What would you do if a customer was very upset and when they got to you, took all their frustration and anger out on you?
20. How would you handle and customer who cursed you out for a mistake you made?
21. If a customer wants a refund from a bill she didn't pay, what is your response?
22. How would you handle the following situation: You have a customer calling and telling you they were over charged their account and demands a refund?
23. How would you interact with people that are on a much lower economic level than yourself?
25. You have a customer looking for a small product that you are unfamiliar with and another customer comes up for help with a much larger and more expensive purchase. What do you do?
26. If a customer was to ask for my assistance in a department that was not my own, what would I do?
Personal Bankers at Bank of America
Note: This is a sample Bank of America Personal Banker position. Please get the appropriate JD for the position you’re interviewing for and conduct this exercise.
Relationship bankers (RBs) are located in the financial center and are responsible for assisting and educating customers on self-service banking options (for example, mobile, online, ATM) and building and deepening customer relationships. RBs are also trained in cash transactions and may be asked to process these transactions both accurately and efficiently when needed.
· Engage customers in the lobby to assist, educate and train customers on how to conduct simple transactions through self-service technologies
· Work with retail customers to build and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs and recommending the best products, services and solutions to meet those needs
· Open deposit accounts and sell banking products (examples: credit cards, CDs, IRAs, loans)
· Quote rates, terms and programs for loan customer requests
· Respond to customer inquiries and concerns, creating customized solutions
· Recognize and refer cross-sell opportunities
· Refer opportunities to appropriate specialist
· Ensure customers/clients are connected to the appropriate teammate to help them achieve their financial goals; make sure all sales, service and specialized needs are met; and help drive overall revenue growth
· Ensure the customer’s needs are met by partnering with specialists and business partners to understand what they offer to customers and the most effective way to generate business referrals (examples: customer’s banking, small business, mortgage and investment needs)
· During times of high customer traffic, process transactions accurately and efficiently to build customer confidence and trust, based on established policies and procedures
· Leverage available resources and technologies (such as tablets and bank by appointment) to optimize the customer experience and serve our customers with operational excellence and accuracy
· Proactively manage risk in every business, product and service transaction leveraging available tools
- Skilled at and/or aptitude for assessing customer/client needs, providing applicable solutions/recommendations, and building customer relationships based on mutual trust to optimize sales opportunities to new and existing customers/clients
- Ability to build solid relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists by fostering teamwork, partnership and collaboration in a virtual or face-to-face environment
- Thrive on engaging with customers; can begin a conversation, handle objections, demonstrate patience to teach and so forth
- Actively use and leverage current technologies to better understand the technology solutions available to improve our customers’ financial lives
- Ability to learn and understand technology to assist customers with self-service needs
- Apply strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet customers’ needs
- Available to work weekends and/or extended hours as required to run the business
- Demonstrate initiative, a commitment to continuous learning, and the ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements
- Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our customers’ financial lives
- Ability to understand and implement process and/or regulatory requirements during all interactions with customers (examples: Anti-Money Laundering, appropriate disclosures.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong influencing skills
- Pass relationship banker pre-employment assessment
- Bilingual (fluent verbal and written) skills where applicable
- Ability to engage customers for long periods of time
- All relationship bankers must be certified in the requirements of the role. The certification process will be designed to validate associates’ proficiency, meaning their ability to perform the critical job tasks and demonstrate the key “how” behaviors.
- One year of demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment with individual sales goals
- Six months of cash handling experience
- Bachelor’s degree or business relevant associate degree (examples: business management, business administration, finance)
- Financial/Banking center experience
We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bank of America or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.