UBER ANALYTICS TEST
As part of your Uber interview process, especially for General Manager, Associate General Manager, Marketing Manager and Operations and Logistics Manager positions, Uber will ask you to take the Uber Analytics Test.
INTERVIEW # 1 – RECRUITER SCREEN
The first test in a series of interviews is your recruiter screen. He or she will ask you a few questions regarding your background and fit to Uber.
A few sample questions:
- Why Uber?
- Tell me more about your background.
- What makes you a good fit to Uber.
THE RECRUITER SCREEN LASTS ABOUT 15-20 MINUTES
INTERVIEW # 2 – UBER ANALYTICS TEST
The second part of the screen will be a Uber Analytics Test which you will be asked to complete over the next 2-3 days.
After the recruiter screen, you will get an email as follows:
Thanks for taking the time to chat with me! As promised, please see the following exercises.
Essentially this test is designed to give us a sense of your experience managing raw data, as well as your basic instinct for numbers. Below are some important things to remember when completing this exercise:
The test is timed (2 hours), and will begin as soon as you clink on the link and enter your information so pay attention to the two hour time limit and make sure that you start this when you know you’ll be interruption free for the full two hours. Really.
Since you’re doing analysis and downloading raw data, make sure you’re at a computer that handles Excel/CSV files well.
You MUST hit submit before the two hours is up so the test will have a record of your answers.
It’s good practice to save your data/workbook in case we need to ask follow up questions.
<Link to Test>
Let me know if you have any questions regarding the test! Thanks for your time in this process!
This test is administered by classmarker.
Once you click the link:
- You will have to enter the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- What position(s) are you applying for?
- Which city or cities is the position you’re applying for based in?
The form will look like the following:
2. Once you click on “Start Test” the test will begin and you will have 2 hours to complete the test.
FORMAT OF THE TEST
The test consists of 32 questions in total:
SAMPLE QUESTIONS FROM THE FIRST CSV
- Between the 1st and the 5th of February, which date has the most completed trips?
- What hour of the day from the 15 day period in February had the least number of requests?
- What is the weighted average of requests per driver for the 15 day data set
SAMPLE QUESTIONS FROM THE SECOND CSV
- How much will be paid to the drivers for Promotion #2?
- Uber wants to give out awards to its drivers. Please determine which drivers will be given awards.
- Calculate the net income for a driver in a year.
GENERAL MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
- An Uber driver needs to increase their daily fare amount, which metric should the driver focus on?
- How many drivers can Uber hire to start working right away?
- Given your knowledge of surge pricing, what are the best determinants for when to kick-in surge pricing in an area?
SHORT/LONG ANSWER QUESTIONS
- How should you respond to the city officials claiming that Uber disadvantages older drivers unfamiliar with technology?
- Illustrate several values you think are important to maintaining and strengthening Uber’s relationship with drivers. How would you contribute to this community?
- Write a letter aimed at Uber drivers who have an acceptance rate of between 70% and 79% to encourage them to accept more requests. Use CSV file 2.
HOW TO PREPARE?
There are a number of ways to prepare for the test.
- Look at Glassdoor. Glassdoor has a number of questions and interviews put up by real test takers.
- Quora – Many people have asked questions about this test and we’ve seen a number of responses about the format of the test.
- Preparation Courses – There are a number of preparation courses out there that will help you prepare for the test, give you sample CSVs etc. In our opinion the best course is provided by Coursetake.
Coursetake provides a course that in our research is the cheapest on the market right now. For only $19.99 you get:
- A 185 page guide walking you through the entire process.
- 1 hour of video content walking you through the entire test.
- 2 downloadable CSVs that you will get on the exam.
- Sample answers to short and long answer questions.
- 24/7 support at any given point of time.
- Lifetime updates to the course.
We highly recommend the course.
But either way, best of luck for your exam and we wish you all the best.