- Now with over 100 questions and answers for practice.
- Added a 121-page workbook to complement the course and slides.
Let us help you ace your upcoming Sales Associate interview at Macy’s
Congratulations on starting the journey towards a new job at Macy’s. Whether you are starting your new career, changing your career, moving in your current company or just looking for something new, CONGRATULATIONS.
GREAT JOB ON GETTING TO THIS FIRST IMPORTANT STEP
The Bad News
The entire interview process can get stressful. From phone interviews, to on site interviews, to avoiding nervousness be becoming confident, to learning about the company, to wearing the right clothes etc. etc. etc. - there is a lot going on.
THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF INTERVIEWING CAN BE OVERWHELMING
The Bigger Problem
Lack of confidence before an interview. The # 1 reason why people fail at an interview.
Coursetake’s 8 x 3 Step Interview Preparation Plan to Ace Your Upcoming Sales Associate Interview at Macy’s
To ace your Sales Associate interview at Macy’s, we propose an 8 x 3 Interview mastery plan that consists of 8 core steps and 3 acceleration steps.
- The 8 Core Steps – Follow one step at a time.
- Step 1 – Figure out the interview process at Macy’s.
- Step 2 – Study the Retail Industry.
- Step 3 – Study the company Macy’s in detail.
- Step 4 – Study the Job Description for Sales Associate at Macy’s.
- Step 5 – Study the Main Question Types.
- Step 6 – Practice, Practice, Practice.
- Step 7 – Ask the Right Questions.
- Step 8 – Get Ready for Interview Day.
- The 3 Acceleration Steps – Follow throughout the process.
- Get Motivated
- Get Organized
- Stay Consistent
We’ve done the work for you
- We’ve already researched the interview process for a Sales Associate at Macy’s.
- We’ve already researched the Retail Industry.
- We’ve already researched Macy’s.
- We know exactly how to study the job description.
- We know exactly how to answer every question asked the Sales Associate interview at Macy’s.
- We will tell you exactly how you should practice.
- We know exactly what questions you should ask.
- We know exactly what you need to do on interview day.
- We know exactly how you should work on your confidence and avoid any nervousness during your interview.
- We know exactly how you should be organized.
- We know exactly how you should stay consistent.
Macy’s Sales Associate Interview Preparation Course
This class is purely about preparing for an upcoming Sales Associate Job Interview with Macy’s.
My aim is to take you through a systematic process one step at a time to help you ace this upcoming interview.
Whether it’s on the phone, in person, or through video.
Whether it’s your group interview or individual interview.
My approach will be to first teach you a lesson (modules) and then give you homework for you to complete.
This class consists of worksheets and slides, along with the video lectures, that you can download.
I’ve seen that the most successful candidates are the ones who NOT ONLY follow the lessons, but do the homework at the end of it all.
THIS COURSE WILL BE COMBINE THEORY AND PRACTICE TO HELP YOU SUCCEED.
Our Mission is to help students ace their upcoming interview.
We do that through job title and company specific interview training. Over 500,000 students helped in over 100 countries. Learn more at www.coursetake.com
We are all hiring managers. We will give you the hiring manager’s perspective. The person who is going to write you a paycheck. Not recruiters or human resources.
Learn more at www.coursetake.com
What will you get as part of this course?
- 369-page slide on how to ace the upcoming Sales Associate Interview at Macy’s.
- 3 hours of video to walk you through everything.
- 121-page workbook to complement the slides.
- 24/7 email support whenever you want it.
- Tons of Frameworks and over 100 Questions and Answers for Practice
Sample Questions and Answers Covered as Part of this Course
- Why should we hire you?
- How would you sell me a Macy's credit card?
- Why do you want to work for Macy's?
- Describe a time you displayed teamwork in customer service
- How do you deal with a difficult customer?
- What would you do if you had a long line of customers and others waiting to be helped on the sales floor?
- How would you handle a customer who is upset about one of your products?
- Do you know anything about women’s shoes? Would I feel comfortable selling them?
- Do you feel that the job position was agreeable to you?
- Are you willing to be on your feet for a lengthy period of time?
- Can I handle a pickup of items approx. 50 pounds or less?
- What are your weakness?
- What would you do if you see any employee doing wrong things?
- Name a time you saw an employee at work breaking the rules and what did you do about it?
- Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
- When did you work retail last?
- Name a time you gave advice, what was the advice, and what was the outcome?
- What have you done or said when you saw someone do something wrong even if it was a stranger?
- Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
- Are you able to shift attention between tasks effortlessly?
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 670 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including the most desired family of exclusive and fashion brands for him, her and home. Macy's flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, and Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in Southern California -- are known internationally and leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, Macy's helps strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $69 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.
Sales Associates at Macy’s
Summary of Job Position
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, and demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection
- Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable within store
- Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account toward the end of the shopping experience
- Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals and Star Reward goals
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes to communicate it to the customer
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Perform other duties as needed
We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Macy's or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.