- Now with over 100 questions and answers for practice.
- Added a 123-page workbook to complement the course and slides.
Let us help you ace your upcoming Account Executive interview at Yelp
Congratulations on starting the journey towards a new job at Yelp. Whether you are starting your new career, changing your career, moving in your current company or just looking for something new, CONGRATULATIONS.
GREAT JOB ON GETTING TO THIS FIRST IMPORTANT STEP
The Bad News
The entire interview process can get stressful. From phone interviews, to on site interviews, to avoiding nervousness be becoming confident, to learning about the company, to wearing the right clothes etc. etc. etc. - there is a lot going on.
THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF INTERVIEWING CAN BE OVERWHELMING
The Bigger Problem
Lack of confidence before an interview. The # 1 reason why people fail at an interview.
Coursetake’s 8 x 3 Step Interview Preparation Plan to Ace Your Upcoming Account Executive Interview at Yelp
To ace your Account Executive interview at Yelp, we propose an 8 x 3 Interview mastery plan that consists of 8 core steps and 3 acceleration steps.
- The 8 Core Steps – Follow one step at a time.
- Step 1 – Figure out the interview process at Yelp.
- Step 2 – Study the Business Ratings and Reviews industry.
- Step 3 – Study the company Yelp in detail.
- Step 4 – Study the Job Description for Account Executive at Yelp.
- Step 5 – Study the Main Question Types.
- Step 6 – Practice, Practice, Practice.
- Step 7 – Ask the Right Questions.
- Step 8 – Get Ready for Interview Day.
- The 3 Acceleration Steps – Follow throughout the process.
- Get Motivated
- Get Organized
- Stay Consistent
We’ve done the work for you
- We’ve already researched the interview process for a Account Executive at Yelp.
- We’ve already researched the Business Ratings and Reviews industry.
- We’ve already researched Yelp.
- We know exactly how to study the job description.
- We know exactly how to answer every question asked the Account Executive interview at Yelp.
- We will tell you exactly how you should practice.
- We know exactly what questions you should ask.
- We know exactly what you need to do on interview day.
- We know exactly how you should work on your confidence and avoid any nervousness during your interview.
- We know exactly how you should be organized.
- We know exactly how you should stay consistent.
Yelp’s Account Executive Interview Preparation Course
This class is purely about preparing for an upcoming Account Executive Job Interview with Yelp.
My aim is to take you through a systematic process one step at a time to help you ace this upcoming interview.
Whether it’s on the phone, in person, or through video.
Whether it’s your group interview or individual interview.
My approach will be to first teach you a lesson (modules) and then give you homework for you to complete.
This class consists of worksheets and slides, along with the video lectures, that you can download.
I’ve seen that the most successful candidates are the ones who NOT ONLY follow the lessons, but do the homework at the end of it all.
THIS COURSE WILL BE COMBINE THEORY AND PRACTICE TO HELP YOU SUCCEED.
Our Mission is to help students ace their upcoming interview.
We do that through job title and company specific interview training. Over 500,000 students helped in over 100 countries. Learn more at www.coursetake.com
We are all hiring managers. We will give you the hiring manager’s perspective. The person who is going to write you a paycheck. Not recruiters or human resources.
Learn more at www.coursetake.com
What will you get as part of this course?
- 369-page slide on how to ace the upcoming Account Executive Interview at Yelp.
- 3 hours of video to walk you through everything.
- 123-page workbook to complement the slides.
- 24/7 email support whenever you want it.
- Tons of Frameworks and over 100 Questions and Answers for Practice
Sample Questions and Answers Covered as Part of this Course
- How do you deal with rejection?
- Why are you interested in a high-volume cold calling position?
- Role play a sales call
- Tell me about a time when it felt like you were failing and what did you do?
- What do you know about Yelp sales?
- Why Yelp?
- Why Sales?
- What was a time where you didn't get recognition and you thought you should have?
- What is something you are working on personally or professionally that you've taken action on?
- What was a time where you overcame a challenge? Do you use Yelp? How?
- Why do you want to do cold calling?
- How would you sell Yelp to an old person who doesn't know what it is?
- What do you think the biggest challenge you might face will be in a sales role.
- How do you handle challenges? Are you okay with the pay?
- Tell me about a time where you worked proactively in order to not let work pile up (a time you finished ahead of schedule)
- How will you deal with the negative aspect of cold calling?
- Role play: sell yelp to a random person in a coffee shop
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What motivates you to better yourself?
- Do you know what yelp is and how it works?
We’re passionate about connecting people with great local businesses. A career at Yelp means helping to change the way businesses and consumers interact. We’re bringing together world-class talent from different backgrounds, disciplines, and areas of study to produce an inclusive and stimulating environment. Our focus is on the development of each person walking through our doors, because that’s what makes Yelp tick - community. At the end of the day, we enjoy what we do – and we work well together doing it.
Mission: Yelp connects people with great local businesses.
Account Executives at Yelp
Yelp was created to connect people with great local businesses. As an Account Executive, you'll be working directly with these local businesses to help them achieve their goals through Yelp’s advertising programs. You'll provide a consultative approach to every sale and work with each client to determine their business's needs and aspirations, because we succeed when we help our clients grow their businesses.
People are at the center of everything we do, and you'll be on the front lines educating business owners about Yelp's platform and customizing solutions that fit them. You'll be helping us change the world by supporting our mission, and ultimately giving consumers a better experience.
In this role, you will be directly responsible for selling advertising space on Yelp to local businesses across the US and Canada. Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride, all in a team-focused environment.
What You’ll Do
- Own and manage a pipeline of clients ranging from dentists to florists to restaurant owners
- Consult, educate, strategize, and successfully sell Yelp advertising programs through a high volume of sales calls - strong communication and tenacity are key!
- Become an expert in Yelp’s advertising solutions, and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs - asking probing questions and handling objections will be critical to your success
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
What We’re Looking for in You
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree between May '17 and December '17
- Excellent communication skills - no fear of the phone
- General computer and email proficiency
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time within a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work legally in the US
Training and Development
- Comprehensive initial two-month training, with ongoing career development support and opportunities through the Yelp Sales Development Program*
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for your clients and close deals
- Gain extensive knowledge on the industry’s leading CRM tool, Salesforce
- Train with current top producers and improve daily with feedback and experience
- Become an expert in internet advertising and the world of SMB
- The Yelp Sales Development Program provides a transparent path for professional growth by outlining what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level in our sales organization. As you progress through YSDP, you will be eligible for increases in compensation, title, and responsibilities, which will keep your career moving in the right direction.
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to $1,000 matching per year
- Employee stock purchase plan.
We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Yelp or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.